Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Color Purple (Flashback)

As a young designer for a bedding company, I was sat down by the owner for a strategy meeting. He inquired as to the color I thought was up and coming. After some consideration I told him "Purple".

He apparently did not like my answer one bit and promptly told me that my 'taste' was in my bum! A month or two later I was called into the office. I could tell the owner was a little miffed, but why? The answer was clear when he tossed the leading trade magazine on the table in front of me. There it was in large bold letters the pronouncement "The Color is PURPLE". By that point it was too late to put product into production and he missed out on a great opportunity.

Purple is often associated with Royalty and Nobility, for me, I associate it with just deserts!

Kudzu

Water Hyacinth

Maypop (Purple Passion Flower)

Japanese Anemone

The photos above are taken from the book "Flowers" by William West. 

No comments:

Post a Comment